Type 1 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents and Young Adults
This practical, easy to read book tells you everything you need to know to take good care of your diabetes. Having diabetes means that you need to make yourself better informed about this condition than the average doctor. In this remarkable book, Dr Ragnar Hanas shows you step-by-step how to become an expert in your own diabetes.
Medical research has conclusively proved that looking after your diabetes- and keeping your blood glucose level down- is the key to avoiding the pitfalls and long-term risks. This book gives you all the strategies, tips and tricks to get your blood glucose down and keep it in control.
By understanding your Type 1 Diabetes and how to manage it, you can live a full, happy and healthy life. Remember: you have diabetes - it doesn't 'have' you!
This practical handbook gives you:
- A step-by-step guide to achieving optimal health with diabetes for young people with Type 1 Diabetes and their parents, as well as health care professionals, teachers, schools, counsellors and many others.
- Straightforward guidance on blood glucose, hypos, healthy eating, exercise, illness, smoking, travel and many other topics.
- Practical checklists and stories of other people with diabetes.
- Details of support groups and organisations to go to for further help & support.
- An extensive glossary defining 178 medical terms.
- Over 400 illustrations and cartoons.
- Over 1000 references to articles and journals.